Whether your green roof is focused on water or environmental management, biodiversity, aesthetic green space or a combination of these, getting the right combination of plants and substrates is crucial to creating a successful living roof.
Sky Plugs and SkySuperstrates
Why choose SkyPlugs?
- Better value for money
- Better for biodiversity
- Better choice & control over planting
- Better survival rates
Combining the multi-disciplinary expertise at the Green Roof Centre and 50 years’ growing experience at Boningale Nurseries, Boningale GreenSky is developing brand new methods of growing plants that are fit for purpose to ensure your roof is still performing and thriving in 30 years’ time.We support designers and installers of green roofs by ensuring the best quality plants and the latest research are accessible to all practitioners.
Green roof tips
- Mix it up – Use a wider variety of species to improve biodiversity value, longevity and overall performance of your roof.
- Go deep – Deeper growing medium will improve the environmental performance of your roof and provide better support for plants.
- Plan for maintenance – Even the lowest nutrition green roofs will need regular maintenance at least twice a year.
- Root for success – Plants with wider, more developed root balls will provide maximum coverage and establish themselves more quickly.
- Use SkyPlugs – For a better range of plants that are specially grown to survive the harsh conditions in a rooftop substrate.